Grilling scallops in their shell on the BBQ is a perfect starter or main that's quick to prepare and grill. They take around 1-2 mins over direct heat and are quite impressive when guests are over. Just be sure to work fast and be ready to serve them immediately! I love them topped simply with lemon juice and a splash of Extra Virgin Olive oil, a delicious creamy mornay sauce or with this delicious Salsa Verde sauce I've created.
Grilled Scallops with Salsa Verde Sauce
6 Scallops in their shell
2 cups fresh parsley
1 cup fresh mint
1/2 cup fresh coriander
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-2 minced garlic cloves
Juice of 1 lemon
- Use a food processor to chop and combine all ingredients well.
- Prepare BBQ for direct grilling and preheat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Salsa Verde mixture to each scallop.
- Place directly over heat/fire for 1 -2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Watch the scallops continuously whilst over the fire because they will literally take 1-2 minutes to cook and can burn easily.
- I don't add salt to this Salsa Verde when I'm adding it to seafood because it's not needed.
- I've used Harvey Bay Scallops for this recipe.