Prawns should always be grilled hot and fast because they cook quickly. Here are some of my tips...
- Buy the freshest prawns possible.
- Grilling whole prawns in their shell will keep them more juicy and they are less likely to dry out.
- Brush whole prawns with oil.
- Grill prawns for 8 minutes, turning halfway.
- Once they come off the grill, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
NB: Hot and fast grilling means cooking over direct heat, quickly.
If you are using a gas grill, set it to medium/high.
If you are using charcoal, cook close to your charcoal.